Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting distributor. There are different groups of hosting services used for various goals, so let's study them. In that way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you wish to own a web portal, mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some providers, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain period of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a large quantity of images with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to administering your email accounts. Some companies provide web site hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to open an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to use as many videos as you want without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a website. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At GITS Web Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for particular web content exclusively.